Have you recently purchased your dream beach home in South Walton? Congratulations! You are going to love living in our coastal beach community. Did you know that residents of Walton County are able to apply for “Dogs on the Beach” permits? If your anything like me, your furry friend goes just about everywhere with you. For the lucky few who live in Walton County, one of those many places can be the beach! Please see requirements below on how to obtain a permit for your four legged family member. *Requirements courtesy of Walton County Clerk of Court.
- Must provide proof of Rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinarian.
- The name of the dog owner on the vet records must match the name of the property owner records.
- Must provide proof of property ownership (deed or tax receipt,) OR
- Must provide proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, or voter’s registration).
- Business owners must show 51% ownership (copy of State or other document showing percentage of ownership or list of officers).
- Owners are responsible for pick up of their dog’s waste.
- Dogs must be on a leash.
- Daylight Savings Time: allowed between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. the following day.
- Non-Daylight Savings Time: allowed between 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. the following day.
- Dog permit: $40.00
Are you just visiting the beach and looking for somewhere you can take Fido? Be sure and check out Alaqua Unleashed. The park features the largest secured off-leash dog park in Walton County, with separate areas for large and small dogs to run and play. Whether you are a resident of Walton County or you are just here visiting your furry friend is sure to have plenty of fun!