The city of Destin has partnered with the Army Corps of Engineers to undertake a Carrying Capacity Study through the Corps of Engineers’ Planning Assistance to States Program.
The Harbor Capacity Study will, among other things, focus on the following three goals:
• Protect the environmental health of the harbor and surrounding waterways.
• Promote safety and enjoyment on our local waters.
• Promote the economic viability of businesses operating on or along the harbor.
Between July 2021 and mid-October 2021, the city of Destin and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will conduct a number of activities to support the Destin Harbor Carrying Capacity Study. These activities include:
• Counting of parking spaces around the harbor area including both public and private parking.
• Counting of vessels in the harbor and on the water.
• Inventory of both parking spaces, trailer spaces, and vessel slips.
• Photography of harbor area including slips and vessels.
• UAV photography.
• In-person surveys around harbor area and boat launches.
• Mailed surveys to a sample of residents including slip owners.
All questions should be directed to the Community Development Department at 850-654-1119 Option 2 or email Planning@cityofdestin.com.
Source: The Destin Log