CALL TO ARTISTSThe CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the 2022 Spring Rotation of The Foster Gallery located in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center scheduled to run February 7 – June 5, 2022.
Please study the criteria and submit application ONLINE prior to 11 pm on January 18, 2022.
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY The Foster Gallery is named for the late Susan Foster, a founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance. It is an artist collective featuring regional artists and special exhibitions on a quarterly rotating basis. We host artist receptions and openings, workshops, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, especially those who are members of the CAA.
GALLERY LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
The gallery is located at 495 Grand Boulevard, Suite J-104, Miramar Beach, FL 32550. Hours are daily 12 pm – 7 pm.HOW IT WORKS Ten (10) to fifteen (15) artists will be selected for each 16 week rotation. Each artist must commit to one of the following two staffing options.
Option 1: Work a minimum of twelve (12) shifts throughout the rotation. Shifts are approximately seven (7) hours. Schedules will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration. Shifts may be traded among artists, but CAA management must be notified prior to shift changes. Option 2: Do a staff buyout of $800, which enables the CAA to cover the cost of staffing your shifts. The artist is not obligated to work any shifts. Option 2 is only available up front as a full buyout.
Artists must also be available to attend the rotation opening reception. Artists are encouraged to utilize the gallery for their own special events in order to promote their work. The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements. Any sales will include a 5% commission to the artist on duty. The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitational at the CAA’s discretion.
TIMELINE Call to Artists: December 29, 2021 – January 18, 2022 Artist notification: January 24, 2022 Mandatory installation and training: February 6, 2022 Rotation begins February 7, 2022 Opening reception February 9, 2022 (Tentative) Rotation Ends June 5, 2022
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Artist must be a current member of the CAA. Not a member yet? Join today!
- Artist must attend mandatory installation and training on specified date.
- Artist must attend mandatory de-installation on specified date.
- Artist must be available and physically able to work a minimum number of shifts or do a staff buyout of $800 to cover paid staff, which will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration.
- Artist must be available to help with gallery events and receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original work created by the applying artist. All exhibited work must be for sale. Prints and giclées are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography), but may be for sale in a bin within your exhibit space.
- Artist must have a minimum of six pieces on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation and must adhere to any rule regarding maximum number of pieces if gallery space is limited.
- Artist must agree to a 60% artist, 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Artist must be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Artist must provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions and Weight, and whether the piece is framed upon installation.
- Artist must pay a 10% referral fee to the CAA for any commissions that are generated because of the artist’s participation in the gallery.
HOW TO APPLY Submit your application ONLINE before 11 pm January 18, 2022. You will need to set up an account with Submittable if you do not already have one. You only have to set up your account one time, but you will need to submit to artist calls individually.
Source: Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County